Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fulfilling God's Purpose

Courtesy of Google
At times when I feel worthless I am depressed and don't feel like living I remember that I am here for a reason. At a very young age I experienced a traumatic head injury that seemed to ruin my childhood. I was not a loud to play sports, not a loud to exercise could not do anything that a kid should be able to do. I remember as a kid not understanding why everyone said I was different, and why I could not play with all the other kids, it was tough. Over time as I got older I developed a hatred of my life having joy but remembering that joy is only temporary. For the longest time I was in darkness making horrible choices, defying my families trust and just going as far away from God as possible. I felt as if I had been neglected by humanity until I read Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have foryou," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity, plans to give you a future and a hope." The minute I read that verse was the minute my mindset changed. I realized that what happened to me was planned out by God before I was even born. Though what I was experiencing as a child was tough it was all for the good of my life. Now I am older and have opened my heart to God so that I may fulfill his plans for me to lead people to Him and Him alone. So if you are struggling, you do not know where to turn and you are almost ready to give up on life, read this verse (Jeremiah 29:11) and remember God has a purpose for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment